The author Andreea Florentina Nicolescu deals in the book „The Migration Crisis and Its Influence on the Labour Market in the EU Area”, which is also her doctoral thesis, with an extremely sensitive subject: the migration crisis. This subject is also one of the biggest challenges that the European leadership has had to face in the last years.
Coincidence or not, the book appears in an extremely delicate year for Romania, in the context of the voting and decision making whether this country, among others, will finally join the Schengen area. The book provides us with answers to many of the issues raised by the EU community on this subject.
The book is structured in 8 chapters that delve into topics such as:
- what is the refugee crisis, when and why it started at the European level
- who are the main actors involved in the migration management, respectively what measures have been adopted at the European level, what are the conditions for granting refugee status
- what effects migration and the COVID-19 pandemic have on free movement in the Schengen area
- the European asylum systems, respectively the countries that have implemented the most efficient systems, how much money is spent per refugee etc.
- what challenges refugees face in relation to their host countries and how can they can integrate, particularly into the labour market
- the historical causes of the exodus and the tools for managing the refugee crisis from 2015
- how the refugee crisis affects the European economy and how European money is spent to manage migration
- the dynamics of refugees within the EU, the entry routes, and at the same time, how Romania was affected by this migration phenomenon.
This book represents a complex research of the migration phenomenon in Europe, but beyond the extremely well-documented technical content, it helps us to become aware of the effects of migration not only as inhabitants of the European area. The effects of migration are especially felt by those who have to leave their country, to protect themselves from life-threatening situations or in other situations for a better life from a financial point of view.
We recommend this book to all those who want in-depth information about the phenomenon of migration, an extremely sensitive and complex subject, in which we are all involved, especially in the context of the war in Ukraine, an aspect that can represent the subject of a new volume.Vezi Top 100 cărți ale anului 2023